A Message From our District 10 Governor
Dear District 10 Zontians,
I hope this message finds each of you well and looking forward to celebrating Valentines Day with someone special to you. The occasion of Valentine’s Day actually moved me to reach out to you with this message and take the opportunity to share how important each of you are to me and to Zonta.
I realize I do not know every District 10 Zontian personally, and each of you are unique individuals. But, I know enough of you to have a general knowledge of the spirit of a District 10 Zontian. I find District 10 Zontians care deeply about making an impact on the lives of women and girls. You recognize that while we must change hearts and minds to ensure women are given an equal footing with men, we must also care for those who are victimized today – so they can be stronger tomorrow. You also care deeply about one another – about bolstering the confidence of a fellow District 10 Zontian. I see these convictions when I visit with you at Area Meetings, District Conferences and in your Clubs. I am very happy and proud to be a member of Zonta International with you.
I love that District 10 Zontians work hard to create opportunities for interaction and advancing the mission of Zonta – where we can open our hearts and build a better world for women and girls. Following are opportunities and updates I think will be of interest to you.
- Z Club and Golden Z Club Workshop, 25 Feb 2023 from 1000-1200. Our Z/Golden Z Chair, Julie Stackhaus, will provide an opportunity to interact with representatives from these student clubs. We will hear about their projects and share Zonta Advocacy practices and approaches with them. I would love to have you join us: Zoom Meeting Invite
- International Women’s Day/Rose Day Activities. I hope your club is planning activities around the March 8th timeframe. A District 10 working group comprised of the Service, Advocacy and Membership Chairs recently created a Period Poverty Tool Kit to give clubs resources and ideas for combining several lines of effort into one activity. You can find the tool kit here.
- Area Meetings. You will see Call to Area Meeting invites come out over the next few weeks. Area meetings are such an easy and inexpensive way to catch up on activities of Zonta International and District 10 – and to see old friends and meet new ones. I hope you will make plans to attend!
- Area 2, 25 Mar 2023, hosted by the Zonta Club of Lafayette (held in Lafayette)
- Area 1, 01 Apr 2023, hosted by the Zonta Club of Johnson County (held in Burleson)
- Area 3, 29 Apr 2023, hosted by the Zonta Club of Seguin (held in San Marcos)
- Educational Awards. Please help us market Zonta Educational Award opportunities. Materials found here.
- District 10 Sara Metcalf Award: Applications due 1 Apr (Z/Golden Z Award)
- District 10 Rose Award: Applications due 1 Apr (can apply directly to District 10)
- ZI YWPA Award: Applications due 1 Apr (clubs forward their awardee)
- ZI STEM Award: Applications due 15 Jul (clubs forward their awardee)
- ZI JMK Award: Applications due 15 Jul (clubs forward their awardee)
- Leadership Development. Chair Janis Wood and her Area Director committee will present their third Leadership Development Session on 6 May 2023 from 10:00A to 11:00A. If you are on your club board or just interested in improving your Zonta Leadership confidence you are invited to join us: Zoom Meeting Invite
- New Clubs in Work. I am excited to tell you we have received ZI approval to form the Zonta Club of San Antonio– Alamo City! The hard work of attracting members is now ahead of us. If you know anyone that may be interested, please contact Area 3 Director Susan Greenberg. I have heard there are other possibilities as well, so please share any ideas or contacts you have with your Area Director or Club Creator Chair Barbara Yoder.
I would like to thank all District 10 Zontians for your contributions individually and through your clubs. Together, we can multiply our impact and build a better world for women and girls!
Governor, District 10